Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Writing

I am learning about the meaning of 2 language features.

Today after morning tea we had writing. For writing we learnt about 2 language features which are personification and onomatopoeia.
Image result for Writing
There was 12 examples for onomatopoeia and they were

  • Arf
  • Baa
  • Bow-wow
  • Buzz
  • Cackle
  • Caw
  • Chatter
  • Cheep
  • Chirp
  • Cluck
And there was also 12 examples for personification and they were
  • Lightning danced across the sky.
  • The wind howled in the night.
  • The car complained as the key was turned.
  • Rita heard the last piece of pie calling her name.
  • My alarm clock yells at me every morning.
  • The avalanche devoured anything standing in its way.
  • Traffic slowed to a crawl.
  • The door protested as it opened slowly.
  • My house is a friend who protects me.
  • The moon played hide and seek with the clouds.
At the end of all of the examples there was a question that says how would YOU define what these language features mean. My answer for Personification was Describing something that's not alive and comparing it with something that is alive. The real meaning was giving human qualities to non-human things.My answer for Onomatopoeia was using sound effects to describe actions. The meaning was to create sound with words.

What I found challenging was coming up with the definition of what those language features mean. What I learnt today was the meaning of what personification and onomatopoeia means. What I think I need to improve on next time I do writing is coming up with meanings about the language features.

Image result for language features

Image result for Writing
Hopefully you guys enjoyed reading my blogpost today. Feel free to leave a comment down below on what I need to work on next time or what you enjoyed about my blogpost. Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment