Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Writing

I am learning about Figurative language.

Today I learnt more about Figurative language. The figurative languages we learnt today was Alliteration and hyperbole.
Image result for Writing

There was 12 examples for both figurative languages and they were:

Hyperbole

  • I am so hungry I could eat a horse.
  • I had a ton of chores to do.
  • If I can't get a Smartphone, I will die.
  • This car goes faster than the speed of light.
  • Our new house cost a bazillion dollars.
  • He's got tons of video games.
  • My mom is going to kill me.
  • He knows everything about maths.
  • I have told you a million time not to do that.
  • That was the easiest test in the world.
  • It will only take 2 seconds to get there.
And for Alliteration there was:
  • Alice's aunt ate apples and acorns around August.
  • Becky's beagle barked and bayed, becoming bothersome for Billy.
  • Carrie's cat cawled her couch, creating chaos.
  • Dan's dog dove deep in the dam, drinking dirty water as he dove.
  • Eric's eagle eats eggs, enjoying each episode of eating.
  • Fred's friends fried Fritos for Friday's food.
  • Garry's giraffe gobbled gooseberries greedily, getting food at grabbing goodies.
  • Hannah's home has heat, hopefully.
  • Isaac's ice cream is interesting and Isaac is imbibing it.
  • Jesse's jaguar is jumping and jiggling jauntily.
  • Kim's kids kept kicking.
  • Larry's lizard likes leaping leopards.
  • Mike's microphone made much music.
  • Nick's nephew needed new notebooks now.

At the end of all of that we had to answer a question which was about how we would define the figurative language. The definition about hyperbole was exaggeration that is unlikely to be true. The definition for alliteration that I came up with was repeating the first letter for most of the words.



Hopefully you guys enjoyed reading my blogpost today. Feel free to leave a comment down below on what I need to work on next time or what you liked about my blogpost today other than that BYE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment