Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2018

Te Tuhi

I am learning to reflect about the Te Tuhi trip.

Today we went to the te tuhi art gallery. Our teacher from te tuhi was Salome .We first went to the art class and did some art. The type of art we did was an abstract art. What I put onto my abstract art was a ps4 controller, pencil, and T.V. We had to draw 2 straight line going on an angle and another 2 lines going on another angle.
(My abstract art)

After we did our artwork we went and explored some of the things in the art gallery. One of the things we explored from the art gallery was an art that an Tongan person has created. The artist name was Benjamin Work and he created an art from the Tongan shield. 

Benjamin changed some things from the Tongan shield which was the 3 stars, the crown, the eagle, and the 3 swords. Benjamin Work got those symbols from research and from war clubs. The matt on the ground was created from Benjamin's family.

What I learnt from today was the meaning of abstract art. I found out that abstract art is a type of art that has colour, texture, effect, and shapes. How I think technology plays a role in abstract painting is by using pencils, pallets, and more. What I think is a way to make something abstract is by painting something that is real and using shapes to create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment