Pages

Friday 24 March 2017

Toma Reflection: Polyfest

I am learning to reflect on what I did on thursday.


During this piece of writing I will be writing about the Year 7 and 8 Kia manawanui experience on Thursday of week 7 term 1.The purpose of this Whanaungatanga Experience was to communicate as one and have fun with each other.My second purpose will be to participate in all of the activities.I learnt that communicating as one will be fun because if you don’t have lots of people it will be less people to play with and it will be quite boring with small players.I saw students showing Manaakitanga I also saw people having lots of fun participating in the activities the teachers gave us.


On thursday 16th of March 2017 we went polyfest.I felt Nervous because I knew that there will be lots of people.How did I know that? I knew that because I’ve heard on google that polyfest is the biggest polynesian festival in the whole wide world.I also felt excited because I knew that I will be watching lots of performances and also eating lots of cultural food.


What I wished we could’ve done was spot light. Why? Because I wanted to build relationship with new people, I wanted other people to participate in the game,learning from my fears which is the dark,and having fun with my peers in my group, and making the right choices.


What did I enjoy on thursday ? I enjoyed every single thing especially the time when we're on news hub.we did but right now I will just be giving you 1. That 1 thing will be polyfest, obviously because I got to see other people perform for their culture and I got to get nice cultural food.Right now I will be giving you guys 2 performances that I liked and why I liked it.


The first thing will be the maori group. Why? Because they were all giving it ago and not only that they were also representing their culture by going up on stage and doing what they have learnt on the past few weeks or days.My second favourite performance was the indian group. Why? I liked the indian group because I knew that they put lots of effort into it. Another reason why I liked the indian group was that I saw them all trying their best even though they were all tired.

What I’ve learnt through this hole thing is to always try your best even though you're tired, I also learnt was To never give up, another thing I learnt is that whenever you go up on stage in front of lots of people try your best to represent that culture that you choose to represent. For example you join the Tongan group and everyone in your group is trying there best to represent that group.

Here are some photo's of the kapa haka group and news hub:


Maori Group
20170316_100252.jpg




News hub
20170316_120732.jpg

                                                       
                                                                    Friends at flava
 ]

Moko

Photo of the yr 7/8



No comments:

Post a Comment