Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Wellington giraffe dies after operation

Today I read a sad article it's about a Wellington giraffe that died after an operation.As soon as I saw this I was sad because that giraffe must of had lots of 
family Wellington Zoo is mourning after the death 

of their elderly giraffe, Tisa. 

The article says that Tisa the female giraffe died on 

wednesday morning  following hoof surgery last 

week.Tisa the female giraffe came to Wellington Zoo in 

1991 from Melbourne as part of a breeding 

programme. Tisa had a family with five children with her

partner Ricky, one of which, Zahara, still lives at the

zoo. The zoo says that not long ago they 


lost a nine-year-old chimpanzee

Beni after it suffered a cut to its leg and also failed 

to recover from anaesthetic.


1 comment:

  1. Talofa lava,
    Hi name is Mary, I am your blogging buddy and I really like the way that you have described the poor giraffe. I like giraffes. Have you been to the Wellington zoo before?

    ReplyDelete